Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Wisp of Time 200.

8.5.1989.

(Psalm 39:4-5/90:12/144:4)

As brief as a passing shadow;
a wisp that's here and gone;
As momentary as one breath,
my life lasts just that long.
Though the time seems to pass quickly,
it seems in vast supply.
But the years, though they be many
are as twinkling of an eye.

Lord, show me just how transient
I am upon this earth.
And make me know my end so I
may know what each day's worth.
Teach me so to number my days
that I may bring to Thee
A heart full of Thy wisdom which
lives for eternity.

LORD, make me to know my end
And what is the extent of my days;
Let me know how transient I am.
Behold, You have made my days as handbreadths,
And my lifetime as nothing in Your sight;
Surely every man at his best is a mere breath.
Psalm 39:4-5

So teach us to number our days,
That we may present to You a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12

Man is like a mere breath;
His days are like a passing shadow.
Psalm 144:4

No comments:

Post a Comment