Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cloud of Witnesses 211.

2.6.1989.

(Hebrews 12:1-2)

Like a dense, but shining cloud
the witnesses look on
They watch me play the game of life
to cheer me as I run.
What would it be if suddenly
my eyes could see them there,
Those living ones who've run their race;
those in His presence fair.

I won't forget though I don't see
that they encompass me.
I must throw off encumbrances
to run my course strongly
Today, oh let their praises ring
for all He does through me,
As I run with my eyes on Him;
He's all I want to see.


Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us,
let us also lay aside every encumbrance and
the sin which so easily entangles us, and
let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
fixing our eye on Jesus,
the author and perfecter of faith,
who for the joy set before Him
endured the cross,
despising the shame,
and has sat down
at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment